www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index

MacTavish Kitchen died!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » Boar's Head Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want the cook book???
yes
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
desperatly
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

RobertMacTamhais

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: MacTavish Kitchen died!!! Reply with quote

Ok people we have a bit of a problem here. Joan has been working really hard to put together the MacTavish cook book. However she can not do it by herself. She NEEDS recipes AND permission to print them. Please people, I know there are many more than the very few she has. I personally do not have any as my family had fallen away from or roots and never passed things like that along, but I know for a fact that is not the case with EVERYONE here some maybe but not all. Please people help her out. This may be a selfish post but I for one am REALLY looking forward to getting a copy of this thing when it does come out... The topic seems to have died, lets please not let that happen!!!!!

Thank You
Robert MacTamhais
Hurst Texas

RobertMacTamhais

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can not get more Scottish foods how about just other family recipes Joan?

I do have a couple I could add in that format.

Robert MacTamhais

CStevens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy the cookbook, that's one of things I plan on doing in the near future.......learning how to cook. Good thing there are a few firemen that live in my neighborhood.

Chris

Patton
Joan E. Zaher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Mac Tavish's Kitchen died? Reply with quote

Hi Robert:

Thanks for the boost. I would love to receive more Scottish recipes from our members. I am hopeful, that I can get the book to the printer soon, so that we can offer it for sale in Spring of 2008.

I must tell you that the cookbook is NOT DEAD. To do this the way I want it done, it takes a little time.

I am currently taking Spanish classes and have to spend part of my time studying and doing the assigned homework. I am pulling together ideas for the cookbook, planning columns for Non Oblitus and taking care of my family.,,,,Including my golden retriever, Scotty. Very Happy My big baby.

As if all that is not enough, I am an avid sports fan. We are right in the middle of the ALEast championship with our Red Sox. Our NFL Patriots are now at six wins and no losses. Some of the time that I would normally be working on our cookbook has been spent watching my favorite sports teams. You have probably heard that old saying..... "All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy."

Thanks again for your words of support. I hope I have shed some light on this subject.

Slainte

Joan

Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Joan(n)
Keith Collins

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any recipes to contribute, but I'd purchase one.

Keith

JimT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings

Carol & I were in Valencia Spain last spring.
I'll work on a recipe for "Scottish Paella" !! Very Happy

In Kinship
JimT

Joan E. Zaher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Mac Tavish Kitchen died? Reply with quote

Gosh Jim, you have been so supportive. I appreciate all the recipes you have provided for the book.

We will be considering a title for the book......Keep this up and we will have to call it Jim T's Scottish Recipes, lol.

Thanks for all your help. We need more members like yourself.

My most sincere thanks.

Joan

Joan(n)
thomnc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I met a cousin from Scotland a few years back when she joined us in North Carolina as part of studies for her graduate degree in anthropology. She found it interesting that our Southern diets had a heavy Scottish influence (little wonder). We might need to throw in some of our Southern "soul food" in the cookbook Laughing

Larry

Joan E. Zaher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: MACTAVISH KITCHEN DIED? Reply with quote

Hi Larry

LOL, "Southern soul food" might be okay, if it has a wee bit of Scottish influence, lol.

Someone (unnamed) made a statement to me in which they said, quote, " well, it is Scottish in the sense that the recipe comes from a person of Scottish descent." I say, NO WAY, this book will be for authentic recipes only. God only knows there are plenty of them.

So Larry, if you can put a wee dram or two of single malt or other Scottish ingredients in your recipes, they will be most gratefully accepted. Laughing

In kinship

Joan

Joan(n)
RobertMacTamhais

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan,
I know you are busy, I took my position of the kitchen's "death" from the lack of posts here on the forum, I just did not want the topic to die as I truly enjoy reading the progress on the forum and others input on the subject. With the lack of posts recently it really looks like people had lost interest. So I went to the extreme to spark interest again.

Robert MacTamhais

Joan E. Zaher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: MAC TAVISH KITCHEN DIED? Reply with quote

Hi Robert:

Think nothing of it. I knew that was why you posted it that way. No worries. I know that you are always very supportive.

What we need is more of our members cooperating and sending in recipes. Jim T did a fantastic job and so did Ann.

I am hard put to do both a recipe column and the cookbook. Especially since I am using all Scottish recipes. Therefore, I would like to see more of our members posting recipes here in this forum.

Thanks for your support.

Joan

Joan(n)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » Boar's Head Pub All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: