www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index

Northern California Haggis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » MacTavish's Kitchen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Northern California Haggis Reply with quote

I know I've been a wee quiet lately, but I had something important to share with you all, haggis of course.

At the Pleasanton, CA games this fall I met a Scotsman who told me about a shop in Dixon where haggis can be bought. Seems it's the only place in Northern California that I have found thus far. It's the Scottisch Meat Pie Company and they were at the games, but selling only meat pies I think.

Anyway. Dixon is up just north east of the SF bay area, more than an hour drive from me in San Jose. I bought a couple pounds of haggis, frozen, this past weekend while on my way back from Sacramento. It takes a while to thaw in a crockpot so I sampled some last evening and took the rest to work for lunch today. It was a bit different than the haggis I had in Scotland last year, but it was good anyway. I made some tatties to go with, and added some peas since I don't have any turnips (rutabaga was the recommended turnip to use).

SherryLThompson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey cousin

remember your recipe for Scottish Chili you put up ages ago? We are doing a scottish cookbook as a fundraiser for a new band (Bektash Shrine Pipes & Drums) and wonder if I could have permission to use your recipe in the cookbook?

cheers!
sherry

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » MacTavish's Kitchen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: