www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index

A book history of Clan MacTavish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » The History Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Thompson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: A book history of Clan MacTavish Reply with quote

HISTORY OF CLAN MACTAVISH in a book? Yes, its nearly a reality. Over 160 years of research by multiple people (its not all mine). Examinations by historians (even ones from Roman times), authors, lecturers, ancient documents and writs, old letters, newspaper clippings, etc. are included. Ancient to Modern times examined. Over 300 pages examining the origin and history of the MacTavish and septs. It will be a truly enjoyable surprise for many. The materials found regarding the MacTavish origin are examined in depth, and differ from the commonly held origin myths. We are truly an ancient race.

Tartans are included in the MacTavish Clan history book (considering the FACEBOOK discussion). A detailed examination of the MacTavish Hunting tartan is included, which according to sourced material can be dated to the 16th century (or before), quite contrary to several tartan histories, which makes it impossible for any of the Thom(p)son tartans to have come before MacTavish.

The BOOK is currently at the indexer and I hope soon (no date yet) to be in print, and it will be an eye opener for many! The book's price is 3 digits, but I believe worth every penny. You would not believe the cost to index, publish and copyright. My time in research, compiling, footnoting, and writing = 7 years (2005-2012).

Proceeds go to the MacTavish Clan societies. Only a very few people in the clan, including Chief Steven, have ever laid eyes on the manuscript. Price will be announced just before its available. Multiple living and past persons have made contributions. Its currently in the indexing stage, but the lead material, which includes 41 pages, 14 chapters, and 9 appendices (reference sourced) are complete. WHEW, its done!

There are also illustrations, maps and photographs.

8 1/2 x 11 book size, approx. 400 pages (including name index), printed in black ink, 11 to be printed in color on 60 lb. white, acid-free paper, Ultrabound in group F buckram cloth, spine and front cover stamped in gold.

Just before its in print, there will be a notification and option to purchase.

Patrick Thompson
Seannachie

Last edited by Patrick Thompson on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Thank you, Patrick! I'm sure many will be eager to read it.

Slainte,
Jennifer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » The History Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: