www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index

Scottish shortbread competition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » MacTavish's Kitchen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosesylace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Scottish shortbread competition Reply with quote

At many of the Celtic festivals, there are now some shortbread competitions. Our state festival has a traditional and a non-traditional competition.

Does someone know the criterion for judging in these competitions? I know that presentation is one of the categories and I think appearance of the Shortbread. I'd appreciate some clues for presentation. I saw one basket where someone had taken a wicker basket and had it lined with their Clan plaid. I thought that was attractive. I also saw some others that had a see-through plate with the clan plaid underneath. Some people attached dried Scottish heather (hot glued). Any other suggestions for presentations?

A few years ago, I did get a mold for Shortbread by doing a google search for Shortbread molds.

Would appreciate any help from Joan or anyone. thanks!

@<--------<--

Region 6 Commissioner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.clanmactavish.org Forum Index » MacTavish's Kitchen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: